Monday, January 2, 2012

Cupid Incoming!!!

Welcome to the Studio!
If you’re visiting from the Card A Day Blog, thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you come back again soon. If you haven’t been to the Card A Day Blog, please stop by over there. We have a whole host of designers who are happy to share their ideas and techniques with you.

The theme for the week is, of course, Valentine’s Day. And I was still in a vintage, shabby chic sort of mood…



I just used an ivory card blank from one of the craft stores. The patterned paper is from My Minds Eye Lost & Found collection. This is from the 6x6 paper pack. The designs are scaled down and perfect for cards (and less expensive). I used Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler seam binding. I just LOVE seam binding and I’ve got a new tool (peg bow maker) to help me tie pretty bows. My cherub is a stamp from LaBlanche Stamps. They are a newer stamp company and their stamps are mounted on foam blocks, which makes them extremely lightweight. Also, instead of the usual red rubber or acrylic, the stamp itself is made of a white silicone material. The images are very detailed and exquisite. I stamped my image on SU crumb cake cardstock with CTMH black ink. I used a distressing tool to ruff up the edges and inked them with CTMH chocolate ink. I then gave it a quick coating of Sassy Shimmer Spritz (my studio-made glimmer spray) and then I squished it into a little ball to get all the creases and stuff. I used a Martha border punch for a little extra on the black mat. I made a stickpin and added a piece of black feather for fun. The “Amour” tag at the bottom is a strategically punched piece of patterned paper with an SU punch and stamped with the sentiment, also from SU.

My Supply List:
Cardstock: card base, store bought
Patterned paper: MME, Lost & Found
Stamps: LaBlanche, Stampin Up
Ink: Chocolate, Black from CTMH
Punches: Stampin Up and Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Stampin Up
Stickpin: Made in the studio
Adhesive: ATG Gun, in pink {Blitsy.com has some great deals!}

Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love the stick pin, it adds a nice touch. Thank you so much for sharing with us...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Kelly love the vintage look and the layout of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're still in the vintage, shabby chic mode as this card is beautiful. The stick pin, feather and your punched border - really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete