Monday, November 28, 2011

Celebrate the Season

Welcome to the Studio!


I hope your Thanksgiving holiday was a great one. Here in Alabama, the Iron Bowl is a big football game played right after Thanksgiving. Let me congratulate all the Alabama fans on a big win this year, Roll Tide. For all my Auburn friends...well, there's always next year, War Eagle! Not to pour salt in the wound, but even our dog, Paco, was "dressed" for the Iron Bowl on Saturday. He's got his own Alabama jersey.





Okay. So enough about all the football celebrating, let's get to the real season at hand, Christmas. I was a little short on inspiration when I sat down to work on this card. When I have those "scrapper's blocks," I normally go to a sketch or CASE a card or layout from one of my favorite designers. I visit the Verve blog regularly to check out their card sketches and this was my jumping off point for my card. Here is the sketch...

For my paper and embellishment choice, that was really easy. I used a new pack of paper from Close To My Heart, Wonderland, that was sitting on my desk. I hadn't had a chance to play with it much. I also had some CTMH rhinestone brads in the pack too. I had packed it for a crop recently and just didn't have time to play. The doily is misted with Sassy Shimmer Spritz in Marshmallow. {You can also use Smooch, Glimmer Mist, or make your own like I did.} The stickpin is a new thing I've been experimenting with. I made this one a few weeks ago not knowing what I was going to use it for. I had gotten some beads at a flea market really cheap. The "Celebrate the Season" sentiment is from a stamp set by Flourishes, A Season of Celebrations. I stamped it in Versamark and then embossed it with AC Zing embossing powder in silver. The die I used for the circle is from Spellbinders. I touched up the smaller circles on the diecut with Liquid Pearls in silver.




The sketch is so straightforward, it took no time at all to throw this card together. If you'd like some more sketch inspiration, give these blogs/sites a visit.


Pagemaps, Got Sketch, Card Patterns, and Mojo Monday.


Thanks for stopping by! Until next time, Scrap Sassy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly what a beautiful card! Dogs are cute to. And to us, more to Thanksgiving than turkey, FOOTBALL! TFS the card and the sketch you did a fine job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Kelly. The stick pin is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete